Hi Renee #2 On Peace

Hi Renee

I figured it out.
The value I covet most is Peace.
Even more than Love?
Even more than Love.

That explains why I'm alone right now.
Savoring Peace.
Knowing it won't last.

If only I could Own Peace.
And never never let go.

Yeah, right.
In This world?
In This family?
In This marriage?
In This heart?
Not gonna happen.

But wait.

"Peace in This heart" might be possible.
Because "Peace in This heart" just happened.
Last night and part of today.

But Renee.
You forget.
You were alone.
And you got to be in Control.

Aaaahhhhhh.
Now we're getting somewhere.

Remember Jesus said,
"Peace I leave with you.
My peace I give unto you.
Not as the world giveth
Give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled
Neither let it be afraid."*

Don't lecture me. 
I Do remember.
But Jesus is perfect.
And I am not.

There you go.
Making excuses.
For rejecting the Gift of Peace.
Offered by the One, the Only.
Prince of Peace.

I hope you will reconsider.
And try again. 
Imperfectly.

If not today.
The chance will remain.
Tomorrow.
And the next day.
And the next.
Whenever you're Ready.

Your Better Self

*John 14:27

No comments: